Monday, August 22, 2016

Seedlings stage 2

Greg Miller from The Joy of Wood made this vertical garden from a pallet which had been used to bring cement from Japan to Perth. He was kind enough to bring it to my place, so today I potted up the seedlings which I planted a few weeks ago into little recycled pots. 

You may remember that I decided to try harder to grow vegetables from seed, and inspired by the Perth City Farm set up, I turned an old plastic trolley into my seed raising bed. 

I got a pretty good germination from these seeds- better than ever before. The secret was that I put the trolley in a place where I had to go past it on my way to the car, so they were kept well watered. 

I have put some straight into the ground and some I have potted up to grow stronger before they go in the ground. 

If you would like to find out how to make a pallet garden like this and are in Perth, go to http://gregdmiller.blogspot.com/?m=1 to find out how. 

No comments: