Monday, August 14, 2017

Small changes


This is the first week I have been at home as a retired person. Everyone wants to know how it feels! Well, it feels relaxed, joyful, playful and free! 

The week has included some volunteer work.

I have been to two music concerts.

I have had dinner with friends in a pub. 


There aren't any roses in the garden to smell, but I find I am drawn to the slanting morning light as it breaks through the clouds of a winter Perth day. 

I am sleeping better and I have been recovering from my ear infection quite nicely. 


If, despite all forecasts, the afternoon turns out to be fine, DH and I can enjoy a walk around our lovely local lake which is now brimming with water for the first time in years. This picture has a black and white splash in it -that is a black swan among the reeds. 

I don't think I have created a routine for myself quite yet, and perhaps I still feel a bit like I am on holiday, but this retirement thing feels luxurious at the moment.

In the quilting sphere I have cut out and started sewing a very special memory quilt. Too early for much in the way of pictures yet, watch this space. 



2 comments:

Nil @ The Little House by the Lake said...

I'm so glad you are enjoying your retirement. I think after a while a routine will emerge naturally.

admin said...

Sounds like a good first week to me garden, quilting, friends and enjoying every moment. I think the routine develops naturally when it's ready. I remember when both kids started school my routine took almost six months.
Lovely lake you have nearby. We are also fortunate to live opposite a beautiful little lake which is home to a lot of wild life. Love seeing the little ducklings and mother duck keeping them in line.
Kylie