Saturday, November 30, 2019

Things to be happy about


Things to be happy about 

1. I finished Nanowrimo, the National Novel writing month -having written 50,000 words in November. In order to achieve this, you have to write for about 2 hours a day, every day. I enjoy the challenge and I think I learn something more about writing every time I do it, but it also 'steals' my time. The last two weeks I haven't' done much on my quilt, for example. But that is OK. There are 'seasons' for things, and November is the season for writing. 



2. We have been helpful to a family member who needed some practical assistance. The lady needed someone like DH to come and put up shelves and pictures at her place, and while he was doing that, I helped her declutter and sort quite a lot of things. This lady is not as young or agile as she used to be, and it was a bit much for her to tackle. I am glad she felt OK about asking us, and truly it was a pleasure and a blessing to us to be of use to her. She is a real sweetie. 

3. DH has been finding real relief for his back and knee problems by walking in the water down at the beach. He feels like he is moving better than before too. I love it down at the beach so I walk on the edge of the water as far as I can up to the reef, which is being exposed in the low spring/summer tides.


4. When you look, beauty is everywhere.
Here is a banksia I found growing in the city, behind the State Library, in a place which is very urban and very hot. Just the perfect place for a banksia, apparently. 



5. Our garden gives us great joy. We are harvesting garlic and blueberries and lots of herbs. I planted more basil, and the cucumbers haven't quite grown but they are not dead! It is all a learning experience. 



6. Community

Our choir is working very hard on our Christmas concert, which will be sung in the beautiful Winthrop Hall, in the grounds of the University of Western Australia. This has meant we are often visitors to UWA, and it is really a beautiful place. Here it is last week, with the Jacarada in bloom.


So that is it for November 2019.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Leave me a comment - I love to be connected in this way around the world.

3 comments:

sustainablemum said...

Congratulations on reaching your target with Nanowrimo that is quite a lot of time to spend writing!

It is so lovely when you help someone out isn't it, our neighbour came round the other day asking for help with something, he so rarely does as he doesn't want to trouble people that it was lovely to be able to repay that kindness he has shown to us.

Glad to hear that you husband has found a way to relieve his back.

That plant you have found is amazing, I love to see the plants growing in other climates and countries they always look amazing to me even though they are everyday to others.

Nil @ The Little House by the Lake said...

Writing 50000 words in a month is a huge task. Good for you!
Are you writing a book?

TheAwakenedSoul said...

Wow, what gorgeous photos! You sound like you are involved in some very rewarding activities. I love Jacarandas...