Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I've been busy!

I have been enjoying a time in the kitchen, baking up a storm.

With all my Myer lemons needing to be used up, it was an ideal time to do some lemony things.

What about Lemon Curd? Three jars won't last long around here! It is so nice on toast and of course wonderful with my lemon and poppyseed muffins.

I like to have some muffins in the freezer for those special moments when we are having friends over for a cup of coffee. They heat up in moments in the microwave and these lemon and poppy seed ones with lemon curd are a special treat.

Of course I need some recreation too, so I went to the market and found some special things for my house.

I have had a display of rooster plates from Australian Fine China hanging in my dining room for some time, so imagine how I felt when this lovely little hen was hiding in the market stall on the weekend. I think she just suits her new home!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just love that hen! So cute. What a great find.