Saturday, October 31, 2009

New beginnings-from old things.

This rose was on it's last legs last year. We moved it, fed it, mulched it, watered it and leaned the spade up against it. One last chance!!!

Look what happened!

I have an aubergine which was planted late last summer. Didn't produce anything. I decided to see what would happen if I left it over winter, as I had tried on several occasions to grow these without success.

Now I have lots of tiny aubergines!

These are the first flowers on my passionfruit vine.

I have also just started my new job. No pictures of that, but another new beginning.

And I went to a new patchwork class and this is what I have made so far.


I love new beginnings -the hopeful promise of them.

Yet everything here had preparatory work to get this far.

Everything new is in some way dependent upon what went before: tending the garden, designing the quilt, learning the skills, putting in the applications.

Today is All Saints Day and this is a time to remember all those who went before -who did the preparatory work, to give us the start we have had today.

No comments: