Saturday, March 20, 2010

National Quilting Day!

Apparently the 20th March is National Quilting Day, according to the National Quilting Association
http://nqaquilts.org and even though it is probably an American idea, what the heck -I am happy to celebrate my favourite new hobby.

I have been enjoying my new project very much. It comes from this book: Material Obsessions by Kathy Doughty and Sarah Fielke.



I am using a jelly roll like the one in the picture below. The fabric is Moda Botanicals from Jellyrolls2Go




This fabric has really inspired me to move out of my usual boring colour schemes. That is a good thing.
My DD commented that 'you could drown in that colour!"



I have done 5 blocks -there are six more wonderful ones to go, what fun!

Happy National Quilting Day everyone!

No comments: