Sunday, July 25, 2010

What a lovely weekend

Lovely new curtains for my bedroom.


I picked up my "East Meets West" quilt from the professional quilter's house, where it had been quilted on the large computerised quilting machine. I am delighted with the result. I now just need to bind the quilt and it is ready for my bed. This is the first queen size quilt I have made, and I learned a lot in the process.


We have put together yet another raised garden bed, again in the wicking syle.

The idea is that you develop an impermeable layer at the bottom of the bed, and then water down a pipe to that layer, so that your plants always have water to draw on. It works well in our dry climate.

Winter gardening -the weeds are growing faster than I can pull them out, and it is so dark in the mornings that not a lot gets done. It will wait, however. Spring can't be too far away.

We also went to the Playhouse for a production of Twelfth Night -a lovely rendition of the Bard's comic work.

So - some decorating, some gardening, some crafting, and some entertainment. Great weekend, really.

No comments: