Friday, January 17, 2014

Morning Meditation on the wall


Morning Meditation -my first finish for 2014.

My DH made a quilt hanger for my new quilt to hang in our entrance hall. I think it is terrific, and he now has the job of making a whole lot more, for other quilts that I would like to hang.

He stained the wood the same colour as the front door, so it all looks very coordinated and nice.

Now my problem is: what to start next? 
I have a 'leader/ender' scrappy project on the go. It is a Jan Mullens design called "Stargazy". I find it fun to do - I have already made a lap size quilt. This one is soaking up quite some scraps, and I want to make it queen size. As a 'leader/ender" quilt it is great -I just sew another block as I am making something else- it is not a complicated design. That is how I have already got over 80 blocks finished, whilst I was making "Morning Meditation".

I don't want to turn this project into my MAIN project, so that leaves me with my Inspiration List of quilts I want to make and have (mostly) the fabric for:
  • Disappearing Pinwheels. I have been cutting 10" squares and have enough for a small project.
  • Earth Blessings -using a fun graphic print of a gardener, and adding blocks to make a wall hanging
  • Black and White -I have a small collection of fabrics I would like to use, but no design in mind at the moment
  • I have the "Innovative Piecing" book published by Rodale -lots of new techniques I would like to try here. There is a design called "from rectanges to stars" which I have had marked for AGES -and wanted to use my lovely collection of dark grey/brown batik fabrics...This could turn into a lap size easily. 
  • "pink and yellow " - I have a collection of modern flower prints in pink and teal and yellow. Some of these are Moda fabrics from a few years ago.  Up to now not had a particular pattern in mind but would like to see these in a quilt.
  • Japanese fabric -still have LOTS left so would like to use these up. I have a Material Obsessions book with a pattern in it -could work well with these fabrics.
OR I could do another scrap-busting quilt to tame the scraps further, before I cut into more fabric and make more scraps.

Decisions, decisions! 



No comments: