Sunday, January 31, 2016

The fabric is doing all the work!

This is my latest flimsy. I started it the week before Halloween last year, but put it aside to get the Eclipse quilt finished. (I really am a 'one at a time' quilter).




This quilt has such great fabric that the design doesn't need to be complicated. Isn't this graveyard by moonlight fabric a hoot?



The Peanuts fabric is so cute! I have had the panel a few years, having bought it on the internet.  Of course, I couldn't resist -my childhood memories of Peanuts cartoons won me over.  I think this story of Linus waiting for the 'Great Pumpkin" to give him presents, is one of those inspired funny-but-sad stories which make cartoons great. The story features Snoopy appearing in the pumpkin patch at night -he is always pushing Linus along- and Linus's bossy sister actually comes through with some compassion as she takes him back to bed. 

Over the years, I collected pumpkin and graveyard by moonlight fabric, and added some cats! The blue background of the cat fabric picks up the blue in the main peanuts sky, and so I then added blue fabric for a border, with little yellow stars. 


I have made this a large lap size so it can be hung up if need be, or could make a cute snuggle quilt or child's bed size. 

I added the black cat borders top and bottom to make it rectangular, and because the fabric is too nice not to use.

The next step is to make the back. 

No comments: