Monday, February 20, 2017

I was inspired


I was inspired by a picture of a quilt in the facebook group "Quiltville Open studio" and I have reinterpreted what I saw. I wasn't going to start something else until the mountains quilt was done, but I thought I would tidy up my solid scraps and started cutting! Here is what happened. It is up on the design wall and is called "Cheer up!". I am thinking of yellow and black 9 patches as a border. It is making me happy just looking at it. 




In other quilty news, I have pinned my mountains quilt. Dora took quite a shine to it! 




Just a posy of hydrangeas from the garden in a op shopped vase.
Because I can!

Oh, and finally -I am thinking about putting another page in the blog, to store my favourite thrifty recipes. I made a wonderful Sri Lankan pumpkin curry the other night that included making curry powder from scratch. It was fragrant and wonderful! Will see how I go, but it would be a way to keep them in one place and share them at the same time.

No comments: