Friday, February 23, 2018

Second quilt finish this year! #HappiestWhenScrappiest



Yay! Christmas In Australia is quilted and bound! 

I love the fact that this quilt used up some bits and pieces I found when I did a major clean-out of the fabric in my sewing room. I also love the way that the "playing patience" block we were shown at the WAQA January sewing day took on a new look when I used four patches which were found during that clean out. 

I really love scrappy quilts, and of course if you are a quilter you make lots of scraps! 

My  favourite quilt designer is Bonnie Hunter -the scrappy queen! 

#HappiestWhenScrappiest



Taking pictures in my summer garden showed me just how much this quilt captures an Aussie summer, right down to those blocks with Christmas decorations printed onto yellow and green backgrounds. 


I adapted my usual meandering free motion quilting, to be more angular and block-like. It gives a nice effect, though when I went to the WAQA sewing day this month and looked at other people's quilts, I couldn't help but notice that my quilt has a LOT more quilting than other people do on theirs. I like to make sure every seam is going to stay put! 

This quilt came together very quickly. 

Now, what quilt will I make next, I wonder? 

No comments: