Friday, March 10, 2017

A finish! It was worth it!

I have finished the Mountains of Mordor quilt! I can't tell you what a lovely feeling that is, given the problems I had with the blocks.I have a great sense of achievement: I was not defeated!

The lovely thing is that now it is finished, all that is forgotten in the lovely subtle colours and the gorgeous sheer squidgyness of the final product.

After tumble drying it, it has emerged the softest and crinkliest quilt I have ever made! It is the kind of quilt you want to pet, to stroke, to bury your face into, to wrap around you on a cool evening as you sit reading a book with a glass of wine.


The back is made from an op shop Ikea sheet set. The paisley blacks blues  and browns set off the quilt front perfectly.  The front was made from op shop shirts. The wadding I had to buy, and is bamboo which I have discovered is a very lovely thing to work with. I guess the fabric was about $28 worth, and the wadding about $20. That makes it a pretty cheap quilt to make by quilting fabric standards. 


Look at that lovely crinkle! 


It is not a Quilt Show quilt, but it is a lovely thing, not perfect but very nice indeed.

After feeling a bit off this week, this is a lovely way to go into the weekend. 

Heart happy! 



1 comment:

DbrhH. said...

Gorgeous, so thriftily done.