Saturday, March 18, 2017

So much to show and tell this week!


This morning I was back in the garden, after too many weeks when it didn't happen. The weather here is unusually mild for March -which is often very hot. We have had rain and cool temperatures so it feels like autumn already. The roses are certainly having an autumn flush.


I have added a new page to my blog: "From my kitchen". It is a place for me to record my culinary adventures. The harvest this morning was one sweet potato and two tomatoes, along with a tiny cucumber and some lemons. I used the sweet potato and tomatoes in a soup -and it was so good I don't want to forget how to make it. The new page will be a place to record my inventions in the cooking area!


QUILT SHOW

I also want to show you the wonderful quilts I saw at the WA Quilter's Guild show this week. 


It was held in the foyer at Central Park in Perth. DH very nicely came with me to enjoy these beautiful quilts -and we then had a lovely lunch. I just want to say that these quilts were the ones which spoke to me -but there were many others equally amazing. 



21 Jumpers by Liz Humphries was a very poignant tribute to her relative who was persuaded to put her infant son up for adoption when she was 16. There were 21 handknitted jumpers incorporated into the quilt, which also had the words "She looked in every pram". 


This one was so simple but the addition of the coloured thread to the quilting was a wonderful touch. 


The quilter said on the label "but it does have to be red!" 


You can see how amazing the work on this one was. As a Fair Trade supporter I really liked this one.



You can see what beautiful weather we have been having. DH and I have switched our walk back to the paved path at Hillarys for the winter. The Mullaloo beach walk gets harder as the winter storms come in and change the shape of the beach, so this is our subsitute. 



Well, I understand that it is "Quilting weekend" so I will now get back to sewing my 2.5 inch squares together as a border for the 'cheer up' yellow quilt.
Onwards and upwards!

2 comments:

Dandy Mae said...

Awesome Eira!!! Love the quilts!!! Mum & I may head in to see the showing if we aren't too late to get in. :) x

admin said...

I will be sure to check your new page and look forward to your posts.

Whilst I'm not a quilter myself those photos really caught my eye. Amazing colours and the detail, wow! These people are so very talented.

I'm so happy to be able to keep up to date with you via your blog since the forum close.

Have a great day (kyliemarie from the forum)