Monday, March 13, 2017

Stash enhancement



We went for a drive today to visit an old friend. As we arrived a little early for lunch, we stopped off at a local op shop. The shop was having a half price sale. 
As usual, I checked the haberdashery section. I found a plastic bag with the price of $2.25 on it. It contained 16 'fat eighths" of solid quilting fabric, which I scored for $1.12! 

(DH also bought 5 shirts for $20 total). 

Now, I love quilting with solid coloured fabric. They are incredibly versatile, and the quality is excellent. 

We also stopped at the local quilting exhibition, run by community quilters. So much inspiration! I noticed that there were two quilts which made me exclaim -and that the colour was what I noticed. They were a mixture of navy blue, coffee, dark green and a magenta kind of dark purple, with perhaps teal or orange. I have been studying my colour wheel as a result and wondering about the next quilt! 

Hmm-where is my Gwen Marsden book? 



No comments: