Sunday, November 9, 2008

Christmas inspiration



I have a week on leave from work, so I am getting down to some crafty stuff for Christmas.
I find the Rick Rutherford book "Country Christmas at Wroxton" a real inspiration.

So today I am working on a Christmas Tree skirt.
Have done the applique, now it is time to tackle the quilting. Feeling a little nervous about the binding, because it will be the first circular item I have made.

I have some other ideas from Rick's book too. I am thinking of adding a Christmas stocking to my Raggedy Ann doll, with the words "I've been good!" embroidered on it.
I plan to make a couple of rustic looking choristers.

How much will I get done? That is the question, but I must say I am enjoying it very much.

2 comments:

Nicole and Andrew said...

you did a wonderful job on the tree skirt. i also have that book, hubby got it signed it for me. rick had a store in springwood for the christmas period a couple of years ago, but now he has a store at Lawson open all year round. i never take too much money when i pop in there, just too many pretty things to take home.

earthmotherwithin said...

Nicole -how wonderful that you know Rick too. I just visited his Blue Mountains shop when I was last in Sydney and yes I did buy a few things !!!!!

I have all the Australian Country Collections magazines and still find them inspiring.