Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter is a time to celebrate

This card came in the mail this week, from one of our local Churches. I love it! It is so inviting...to help people think about what Easter is all about, what all this egg giving is all about.

In our house, Easter is often a double celebration because my two lovely men, DS and DH are both celebrating their birthdays this weekend. So as well as the Maundy Thursday service, the Good Friday Stations of the Cross and the Dawn Service, we are also having a family party!

No painting the house, no camping holiday, no! We are full on in celebrating Easter and the life of these two wonderful guys.

I am going to be cooking for quite some time this weekend.
  • I have a large slow cooker, and that is going to be the lasagne for feeding the hordes.
  • I have a smaller round slow cooker, which will be a beef and bacon and wine casserole.
  • I am going to be doing a potato bake in the oven
  • Lots of cos lettuce out in the garden for Caesar salad
  • I have enough basil and tomatoes to make a lovely bruschetta for starters
  • There will be a lemon and poppy seed cake
  • and sour cherries
  • and finally there will also be my famous rose water flavoured fruit salad!
Monday is the day when friends and family will be here for dinner. I hope this glorious weather lasts. I love it when we get together.

Hope you are having a lovely celebration this Easter too.



No comments: