Sunday, May 3, 2009

Smell the roses

This beautiful card was given to me when I left work for my Long Service Leave, with a hope that I would have time to stop and smell the roses. I left work on Friday afternoon and drove straight to New Norcia for a weekend retreat. This was such a good idea, because it meant that I did indeed have time to walk around and pay attention to the beauty around me. I thought that you might like to spend a few moments enjoying what I found.

Gum trees in blossom in the monastery guesthouse courtyard. Wattle in bloom. Lavender with a friendly bee. Enjoy these beautiful things and then try to pay attention to those precious little moments of beauty in each day. Simplicity is not just thriftyness, not just growing vegetables. Simplicity starts with being attentive and grateful and the rest will flow from there.




No comments: