Sunday, September 5, 2010

Love is in the air!

Thirty four years ago this ring cushion was used in my wedding ceremony, carried by a young nephew.

In the meantime it has been in a bottom drawer, the only relic of my wedding day apart from photos. It was my decision to spend all the wedding budget my dear old Dad could afford ($200!) on the reception and to hire my wedding dress. Not ever sorry, but this ring cushion was never thrown away as a result.

Over the years it gained a few age spots (haven't we all?) so when the Son and his Beautiful Girl were planning the wedding Son remembered we had it and we all looked at it. Oh dear! "No worries", quoth I,"I think I can fix it".

So I embroidered and spot cleaned and stuff and this is the result. I hope they like it.

Two weeks to go to the Big Day.

As a result Father's Day was a bit low key, but Fathers get this stuff. DH has a wild new 3 disc set of black gospel music and two DVDs of Dr Who -the latest series. Woo Hoo!

No comments: