Sunday, March 27, 2011

Exciting news

I have worked full time for many years now, and have always been very lucky to have interesting positions where I felt I could make a contribution. I work in not for profit agencies who are dedicated to making a difference to our community. For the last 18 months I have had the great pleasure of working in a very satisfying position, with great colleagues.

Like most not for profit positions, this job was reliant upon our funding base, which was due to expire in June this year. I have, therefore, been considering what to do next. With my family's support, I had decided that I would try to find a part-time position next. We are now not so dependent upon big salaries, now our house is paid for, and I have so much I want to do outside of work!

The big news is that this week I have been offered a really significant job in another not for profit agency, very close to my heart, and .......it is Three Days Per Week!

I have to bring my other work to a satisfactory conclusion, so I will be working two part time positions for about 7 weeks, but after that my new routine begins. Woohoo indeed! :)

After that piece of news, just a few pictures of things which have delighted me this weekend:

Hand knitted tea cosy thanks to the ladies at the Floreat Salvation Army fete.


Quilt top pieced mostly from op shop fabrics. Now on the design wall whilst I try to decide if it is finished. I think it needs another border. Just a small one in orange ??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new job offer. Very exciting. I am looking for part-time work and have been for awhile now, but living in a very small country town - sigh... there is not much here. With working three days a week, you will have alot more time for your garden and sewing.
P.s. was just looking through some older posts and your geisha quilt looks stunning on your bed. Well done.

earthmotherwithin said...

Thanks Sharon. I realise how lucky I am -part time jobs are hard to find!

Helen in the UK said...

I came over from Stashbusters to see your quilt! LOVE that it is repurposed fabrics. It will be great for the Easter holidays.
Congrats to on your new job :)