Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Peace of the Done

 "Out of the strain of the doing, into the peace of the done." (Julia Louise Woodruff, 1910.)


Yes, the quilt for my first grand child -due early May -is now finished. What a lovely feeling!  I added a purple and yellow and green binding, which picks up the colours found elsewhere in the fabric.






I enjoyed the quilting, which was a combination of straight and free motion. I do think my skills are improving each time I do this and I am happy with what I achieved.


This is a picture of the finished front.


The prospective new parents are getting very excited about the way the date for the birth is getting closer and closer, and we prospective new grand parents have booked flights and accommodation -not long to go now!




I really like the way the quilting adds so much texture and how it shows up the design so well. 


Now, what shall I start next?





2 comments:

Mimi said...

Stunning work...x

Anonymous said...

You did a wonderful job. Gorgeous colours and fabric. Just perfect for a very special granddaughter.