Thursday, December 26, 2013

2013 Quilting retrospective!

 I wondered how many quilts I had made in 2013 and went back through my photos.

There are two  single bed sized quilts, one wall quilt/table topper and one large lap size (which I expect to finish by the end of the year).  These quilts have been quite challenging to make. Like all quilts they take time and effort to bring them together, but I am very pleased with them all.

                                                  "Afternoon Tea with Mum" quilt 



The Music Quilt


The Japanese Lake
(just now it is just a top and back and it may be done before the end of the year)


Welcome Freedom
Wall hanging/table topper



I have a "leader/ender" project on the go too. It has about 100 blocks out of a required 140 made so far. The pattern is a Jan Mullen's design called "Dark Nightz". I have made one of these before, enjoyed it very much. It is a great scrap quilt project.



This was also the year that I was able to get this old girl working again- and she is really lovely. Made in 1916 and still going strong.



Next year I will continue to work on my accuracy and on my scrap quilts.

I would like to find a cabinet where I could show off the quilts I have made -preferably with glass doors.

I want to tackle an applique quilt -I have been putting this off because I don't really like the technique, but there is a lot of lovely Japanese fabric left in my stash and I have just the pattern for it.

I also have plans to make a queen size quilt for my bed.

That should keep me busy enough!





No comments: