Monday, March 17, 2014

It's the little things which grow-quilts and vegetables!

At the beginning of the year I had a goal of becoming self sufficient in salad vegetables. There have been some successes and some failures, but we persevere.

This week I planted spinach and mizuna seeds. I also planted another 2 punnets of lettuce seedlings. We had a brief shower of rain, which cheered us all up -it has been over 100 days since we had more than 0.2mm of rain.

The quilt that I am making is using up a lot of scraps, though I am not nearly at the end of my scrap collection.

I thought I needed 156 blocks, but when I tried the quilt on the bed I thought it was skimpy. The number has now grown by another 39.

As I do this,  I find myself revisiting all the other quilts I have made so far!


This stack of blocks was the 'leader/ender" project for my Disappearing 9 patch which now is getting a braid border.
But this is now on hold, because the 'leader/ender' project is demanding some priority!


Here are the blocks sewn into strips-look how bright they are!

I guess it will be another week or so before I have enough blocks made to consider that part of the quilt done. I will be using a quilt as you go method to quilt them at home. 

No comments: