Monday, March 7, 2016

But it is not Halloween!


 I have now finished my Peanuts quilt, which features pumpkins, cats and spooky graveyards.
If  Halloween is only one night, it is a bit silly to make a whole quilt for the occasion! 

The Peanuts panel is what started it. I grew up with Peanuts, and this scene of Linus in the pumpkin patch is both sentimental and current. Linus thinks that the Great Pumpkin will bring him presents if he sits in the patch with a welcome sign. No one else thinks so, but he acts on his own beliefs even when it is scary to sit in the garden on his own. 

As it is told in the comic strip Linus is visited by Snoopy, whose silhouette against the moon is so scary Linus faints, only to be taken home by a rare action of kindness by Lucy. 

Last Halloween my DD encouraged me to start this. I see it as a fun lap quilt which could also be hung up on a hanger during autumn. Of course it is Autumn in the Southern Hemisphere now. 

All  this needs is a hanging sleeve. Must get on to it!

Edited to add the pic of it hanging up!

No comments: