Saturday, January 27, 2018

My scrappy quilt has a name!


The quilt top is done and on the design wall. I added a bright yellow stop border.

I like to name my quilts -but nothing had emerged whilst I was sewing this one. I can't keep calling it left overs! 




As I mentioned last time, there are some strange Christmas squares in lime green and yellow among this lot. DD came home, saw the yellow border and commented that the quilt was 'very green and gold'- the colours of our Australian sporting team uniforms, our wattles and more.

Then she had a brainwave: "This is a Summer Christmas in Australia quilt!"

Yep, it sure is!


3 comments:

selina said...

a lovely quilt it is too

cool name!

thanx for sharing

Nil @ The Little House by the Lake said...

It's really beautiful earthmotherwithin. How big is it?

earthmotherwithin said...

Nil, it is 64 inches by 52 inches, or a good size snuggle quilt which would cover most of a single bed (excluding the pillow area). 1.5 metres by 1.3 metres