Saturday, July 21, 2018

Quilt finish! Doing a happy dance


I am doing a happy dance today.

I have hung the Life in the Garden quilt up -using a set of 5 tabs which I made -in the manner of tapestries hung in medieval banqueting halls. 

Can you see my cat figurine on the top shelf? 
What cat doesn't want to be near a quilt, now



Here it is, quilted and bound and hung in the spot I designed it for, just inside the front door. 




I did swirly swirls and stippling in diagonal rows to add texture and interest to the quilt. 

This quilt was fun to make -the whole way through. I really like the way it turned out. 



2 comments:

selina said...

a beautiful quilt it is too!
thanx for sharing

Nil @ The Little House by the Lake said...

What a beautiful quilt, earthmotherwithin. You are so talented.