Tuesday, August 16, 2022

My Kunanyi quilt is done


Here it is, on our bed -the quilt I call Kunanyi, after the mountain in Hobart which often has snow at this time of the year. After all the quilt is made from 'snowball' blocks!



It is lovely to wake up to, on one of those sunny but freezing mornings we get at this time of the year.


I made it with fabrics which were given to me at Christmas time one year. It features Nordic designs -pine trees, hearts, stags. There are snowflakes too -so I guess it is a Christmas quilt! Sort of "Christmas in July" which some people do in Australia, to give an excuse to eat all the traditional Christmas fare which is inappropriate when it is hot in summer, our actual Christmas time. 







 It is a big quilt so I got a longarmer to do a lovely swirly pattern -sort of like the wind which swirls at the top of Kunanyi.


Here is a link to more information and pictures about Kunanyi -Mount Wellington.


3 comments:

Nanna Chel said...

I love that quilt. Well done 👍

earthmotherwithin said...

Thanks Nanna Chel, I really am enjoying having it done!

sustainablemum said...

Such a beautiful quilt.