It was a long term plan of mine, to have an informal path under the trees in the front garden, from the letterbox, round the mulberry tree and to the steps under the pergola. The idea was that this path would give definition to the garden beds and keep our feet to the path, where we might be able to move around even in wet weather without getting too muddy.
In the end, we chose a metal corrugated garden edging and a pile of woodchips which we had delivered.
It took 4 days of activity - about an hour at a time, which was quite enough for a couple of older gardeners like us. DH laid the edging and I did the mulching.
I have been planting volunteer plants like yarrow and pelargoniums on the garden side of the path and I expect that by next spring the place will look great.
AND then we added lights!






1 comment:
Congrats on a job well done. The path looks great. Four days for a job is a big effort. I imagine you felt proud and happy when it was all done.
The lights are wonderful and enhance the path nicely.
Post a Comment