Saturday, January 26, 2019

Achievements this week

DH has been crossing off  lot of tasks on his to-do list this past week or so. 

One major task was putting an end board and kick plate on the cupboards he made in our laundry room. This was inspired by him watching the kitchen installers at their job -and being brave enough to ask them how to do things! They kindly showed him how to get the kick board to be level with the floor, and he is now very happy with the result. No more litter getting underneath the cupboard, and the whole thing just looks 'finished'.


He also recycled an old shelf we had, and painted some brackets black so that they could be put up on the wall in the kitchen. Now I have a place for some plants, and the room looks more balanced with the high over head cupboards at the other end.  


I have been doing some gardening. I cut back some of the things in the back garden which were getting overgrown. We are hoping to open a community pantry for donations of food and fresh produce, so I have been potting up some herbs to donate for its first week. I have divided some mint which needed some new soil and a bit of a spruce up, and they are coming along nicely. 

I have been harvesting tomatoes. blueberries and lemons and limes this week. We have quite a few passionfruit. DH made some very delicious passionfruit butter! We found one of our pomegranates had split so I picked it for salads. The rosellas (small parrots)  have been coming to the mulberry tree each morning, so I don't think we will get much more fruit from it now. I am happy to share with them. 



Today I have been tidying up in the sewing room, which doubles as a home office. I have been shredding old papers and taking it out  to the compost. This is reducing the amount of files I have on the shelves in there. It is such a good feeling to get around to these jobs! 

We don't get to the beach as often as we would like, but we did get one really good walk down there last week. 


I took a solo walk around my suburb this morning -such a beautiful morning and quite cool enough to be enjoyable. The beach is better though! 


There are still more small jobs like this to be done... I can see a basket full of junk behind Dora over there on the left, for example. My sewing room has a way to go before it is operating and storing the way I want. 

Meanwhile I have returned to my Blue Mountains inspired quilt blocks. Time to make pairs of dark and light skies...and there are lots more to go. 





4 comments:

Nil @ The Little House by the Lake said...

Another beautiful quilt! :)

How lovely to have passion fruits and pomegranates from your own garden. Those are some of my favorite fruits.

selina said...

great work on the shelf & cupboard thingy

love the cat!

beautiful quilt too

thanx for sharing

earthmotherwithin said...

Thanks Selina, she is a lovely cat!

Thanks Nil- the best thing about living in a Mediterranean climate zone like Perth is that we can grow these things here

TheAwakenedSoul said...

Oh, that fruit is beautiful! It looks delicious. I would like to grow blueberries.